Elements in the e-Learning Course Template December 25, 2006Posted by elearningtyro in Instructional Design, Template Design, Useful Resources.
Here is a list of elements that shall be included in the e-Learning course template.
- Header or session title: It should display the session name.
- Frame title: It should display the frame title.
- Pagination information: It should provide information on the current frame number and the total number of frames in the session.
- Glossary button: It should provide the list of terms, definitions, and relevant description.
- Help button: It should provide assistance in operating and navigating through the session.
- Exit button: It should enable the learner to exit the session. It is appreciable to include a dialog box with an instruction like “Are you sure you want to exit?” when the exit button is clicked.
- Slider bar: It should enable the learner to navigate the frame contents either forward or backward.
- Audio ON or OFF button: It should enable the learner to play or mute the audio.
- Audio transcript button: It should display the contents read in the audio.
- Previous button: It should navigate to the previous frame.
- Next button: It should navigate to the next frame.
- Play or pause button: It should enable the learner to play or pause the execution of a frame.
- Template instruction bar: It should provide information on the template navigation instruction (for example, ‘Click Next to proceed‘, ‘Click Exit to exit the session‘, ‘Follow the instructions in OST‘, and so on) or the status of frame execution (for example, ‘Frame execution in progress‘) to the learner.
- Notes button: It should display a scribbling pad. The learner can type his or her notes, save, and print the same.
- Search button: It should enable the learner to search for his or her required terms and explanation.
- References or learning aids button: It should display all the reference materials and other learning aids related to the session.
- FAQ button: It should display the session’s frequently asked questions and their respective answers.
The aforementioned elements are some of the frequently used elements in the e-Learning course template. You can choose the elements based on the target audience and your client’s requirements. I will update this post if I acquire any additional information. Hence, I suggest you to visit this post frequently.